Relatives as Parents Program
The Relatives as Parents Program (RAPP) is for unpaid relative caregivers who are:
- age 55 or older and
- the main caregiver for a child age 18 or younger, or an adult with disabilities
The following services are free:
- Caregiver Training and Support Groups - We offer information on training and support groups to help you with your role as a caregiver. The Family Caregiver Happenings or the Acontecimientos para Cuidadores de Familia has a listing of some of the trainings and support groups.
- Individual Counseling – This program pays for eight sessions of professional counseling directly related to caregiving.
- Access to Respite Services – Respite care provides you with a short-term break from caregiving. It lets you rest and feel less stressed. We can help you find respite care that can be provided in your home or at another location.
- Help Finding Services – Our Relatives as Parents Program worker can help you find services for your caregiving needs.
- Supplemental Services – These services are based on what you need. Examples include tutoring, driver’s education, car seats, and swimming lessons.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are holding the Relatives as Parents Program meetings via conference call or Zoom web application. The Relatives as Parents Program meets on the 2nd Wednesday of each month from 10:00-11:30 a.m. See below to contact the Aging and Disability Resource Connection (ADRC) to register.
Contact the Aging and Disability Resource Connection (ADRC) for more information.
Marion, Polk, and Yamhill Counties Call: 503-304-3420 or 1-866-206-4799 (toll-free)
Clatsop and Tillamook Counties Call: 503-861-4210 or 1-866-206-4799 (toll-free)