Family Caregiver Support Program
The Family Caregiver Support Program (FCSP) is for unpaid family caregivers who are either:
- caring for someone age 60 or older; or
- caring for someone of any age who has Alzheimer’s disease or a related disorder
The following services are free:
- Caregiver Trainings and Support Groups – We offer information on training and support groups to help you with your role as a caregiver. The Family Caregiver Support Program Newsletter has a listing of some of the trainings and support groups.
- Individual Counseling – This program pays for eight sessions of professional counseling directly related to caregiving.
- Access to Respite Services – Respite care provides you with a short-term break from caregiving. It lets you rest and feel less stressed. We can help you find respite care that can be provided in your home or at another location.
- Help Finding Services – Our Family Caregiver Support Program worker can help you find the services your family needs.
- Supplemental Services – These services are based on what you need. Examples include minor home repair or updates, emergency response systems, and home-delivered meals.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are holding the Family Caregiver Support Program meetings via conference call or Zoom web application.
Family Caregiver Connections Support Group Meetings
- North Salem/Keizer – 3rd Tuesday of each month, 1:00-2:30 p.m. via telephone – Contact Julie Mendez at (503) 304-3432 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- South Salem – Every Wednesday 2:00-3:00 p.m. via telephone or Zoom – Contact Amy Crevola at (503) 606-7620 or email@example.com to register.
- Dallas – 1st Tues each month 10:30-11:30 am via telephone or Zoom. Contact Amy Crevola at (503) 606-7620 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
- Silverton – 1st Tues each month 2:00-3:30 p.m. via telephone or Zoom – Contact Suzy Deeds at (503) 304-3429 or email@example.com to register.
- Stayton – 2nd Wed of each month 1:00-2:30 p.m. via telephone – Contact Julie Mendez at (503) 304-3432 or firstname.lastname@example.org to register.
To find out if you may be able to get help through the Family Caregiver Support Program, please contact the Aging and Disability Resource Connection (ADRC) at the information listed below.
Contact the Aging and Disability Resource Connection (ADRC) for more information.
Marion, Polk, and Yamhill Counties Call: 503-304-3420 or 1-866-206-4799 (toll-free)
Clatsop and Tillamook Counties Call: 503-861-4210 or 1-866-206-4799 (toll-free)