Family Caregiver Support Program
The Family Caregiver Support Program (FCSP) is for unpaid family caregivers who are:
- Caring for someone age 60 or older
- Caring for someone of any age who has Alzheimer’s disease or a related disorder
- A caregiver aged 55 and older caring for an adult with disabilities in their home
- Relatives as parents (More information available here)
- Caregiver is aged 55 or older
- The main caregiver for a child age 18 or younger
The following services are free to all unpaid family caregivers:
- Caregiver Trainings and Support Groups – We offer information on training and support groups to help you with your role as a caregiver. The Family Caregiver Happenings or Acontecimientos para Cuidadores de Familia or События с участием семейных опекунов newsletter has a listing of some of the trainings and support groups.
- Help Finding Services – Our Family Caregiver Support Program worker can help you find the services your family needs.
Depending on qulifications, the following services may be free to certain unpaid family caregivers:
- Individual Counseling – This program pays for eight sessions of professional counseling directly related to caregiving.
- Access to Respite Services – Respite care provides you with a short-term break from caregiving. It lets you rest and feel less stressed. We can help you find respite care that can be provided in your home or at another location.
- Supplemental Services – These services are based on what you need. Examples include minor home repair or updates, emergency response systems, and home-delivered meals.
Family Caregiver Connections Support Group Meetings
NorthWest Senior and Disability Services (NWSDS) offers free caregiver support groups for unpaid family caregivers. NWSDS is offering a variety of in-person and virtual support group options. The groups provide valuable information, resources and support related to caregiving. Please join other caregivers in learning about how to positively cope with the challenges of caring for a loved one.
To register for any of these support groups, please call NWSDS’ Aging and Disability Resource Connection at 503-304-3420 or 866-206-4799.
The ADRC is also available by email at email@example.com.
In-Person Support Groups
- Clatsop County - 3rd Tuesday of the month from 1:30-3:00 p.m. at the Warrenton NorthWest Senior & Disability Services, 2002 SE Chokeberry Ave., Warrenton, OR.
- Marion/Polk Counties-Willamette Valley Caregiver Connection - 3rd Tuesday of the month from 1:00-2:30 p.m. at the Salem Office of NorthWest Senior and Disability Services, 3410 Cherry Avenue NE, Salem.
- Tillamook County – 3rd Tuesday of each month from 1:30-3:00 p.m. at the Tillamook NorthWest Senior and Disability Services’ Office, 5010 E 3rd Street, Tillamook.
Virtual Support Groups
- NWSDS Caregiver Connection - 1st Wednesday of each month, 1:00-2:00 p.m. via Zoom.
- Second Time Around - Relatives as Parents Program (RAPP) Support Group – 3rd Wednesday of the month, 10:00-11:30 a.m. via Zoom.
- Dementia Care Conversations – 2nd and 4th Tuesdays of each month, 3:00-4:00 p.m. via Zoom. Please see this flyer for more information.
To request a referral for the NWSDS Family Caregiver Support Program or any other NWSDS programs, please call the Aging and Disability Resource Connection (ADRC) at 503-304-3420 or 866-206-4799. The ADRC can also be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.