503-304-3420 or 1-866-206-4799 (toll-free) information.nwsds@nwsds.org

Help in Your Home and Caregiving

Would you like to stay in your home, but need some help? Are you a caregiver? Take a look at the programs and services that may be available to you.


Medicaid is a needs-based program. It offers financial and medical help. It is funded by federal and state taxes and is run as a federal-state partnership.

Options Counseling

We offer a free service to called options counseling. We can help you to develop a long-term care plan and provide information about important services and resources.

Oregon Project Independence (OPI)

OPI is a state-funded program that is intended to allow seniors or adults with disabilities to remain in their home as long as they wish.

The Family Caregiver Support Program (FCSP)

FCSP is for unpaid, family caregivers who are either caring for someone age 60 or older, someone of any age who has Alzheimer’s disease or a related disorder, or an adult with disabilities.

Relatives as Parents Program (RAPP)

RAPP is for unpaid relative caregivers who are age 55 or older and are the main caregiver for a child age 18 or younger.


Whether you are a caregiver, home care worker, or adult foster home provider, taking care of yourself is necessary so that you can take care of others. Download one of our resources for Taking Care of the Caregiver or Hiring a Respite Provider.

To find out if you may be able to get help through Medicaid, options counseling, the Family Caregiver Support Program, the Relatives as Parents Program, or to be placed on the waitlist for Oregon Project Independence (OPI), contact the Aging and Disability Resource Connection (ADRC) using the information listed below.

Contact the Aging and Disability Resource Connection (ADRC) for more information. 

Call: 503-304-3420 or 1-866-206-4799 (toll-free) 

Email: information.nwsds@nwsds.org

Online: adrcoforegon.org