COVID-19 Outbreak Updates
April 14, 2020
To: Our Consumers
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic (Coronavirus), we want to inform you of our daily practices to serve you, and to give you information that will help you to make decisions about working with us to meet your needs.
We will update this information as conditions change. Thank you for your patience and extra care to stay healthy and safe during this pandemic. In the meantime, we have listed some helpful resources below for reliable information about the Coronavirus.
We are conducting as many appoint- ments as possible by phone. We help you based upon the county you live in. Please call your local office.
Appointments we are conducting by phone:
- Any time you need to contact your worker, or if you have a question
- Options counseling
- SHIBA (Medicare) counseling
- Oregon Money Management Program
- Senior Peer Mentor Program (HOPE)
Other important phone numbers:
- Adult Protective Services: 1 (800) 846-9165
- Information & Assistance: 1 (866) 206-4799
Email Information and Helpful Links
For information by email, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full name, but do not send personal information such as your social security number, case number, phone number, address, etc. We will call you if that information is needed.
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
Oregon Health Authority (OHA)
Precautions We Are Taking
For your protection, we recommend that you not come to the office.
If you must visit us, we have taken the following steps to limit your exposure to the Coronavirus:
- Each day, our staff cleans all hard surfaces using disinfecting wipes.
- Hand sanitizer is available in the lobby and in the interview rooms. We strongly urge you to use it.
- Walk-in visitors will be asked to enter an interview room and use the phone to talk with your worker.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we have changed from dining at the mealsite to a drive-up, meal-to-go program.
- Drive up, pop your trunk open, and the meal will be placed in your trunk. We will close your trunk for you.
- Home-delivered meals will continue to be delivered.
Where can I pick up a hot meal?
The mealsites that are handing out frozen or hot meals are listed by county. Beginning Friday, May 1, 2020, NWSDS mealsites will begin offering two meals per day on service days listed by county. For most sites, hot and frozen meals will be offered each day. Other changes are listed in red text within the documents that are linked below.
- Visitation and Meeting Changes
- We are not allowed to visit nursing facilities, residential-care facilities, and assisted-living facilities
- We will visit adult foster homes if it is necessary for the consumer’s health and safety.
- Adult protective services workers will investigate potential abuse or exploitation.
- Health Promotion and Wellness classes are held online.
- Homecare worker orientations are canceled.
- Click on the respective links for COVID-19 meeting information for the Family Caregiver Support and Relatives as Parents Programs